1. Data matures like wine, applications like fish.
2. If you torture the data long enough, it will confess.
3.There is a magic in graphs. The profile of a curve reveals in a flash a whole situation – the life history of an epidemic, a panic, or an era of prosperity. The curve informs the mind, awakens the imagination, convinces.
4. In God we trust, all others must bring data.
5. What gets measured, gets managed.
6. A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding
7. Data! Data! Data! I cant make bricks without clay.
8. If the statistics are boring, you’ve got the wrong numbers.
9. Numbers have an important story to tell. They rely on you to give them a clear and convincing voice.
10. Without relevant data, you are just another person with an opinion.
11. I never guess, it is a shocking habit—destructive to the logical faculty.
12. There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
13. It’s easy to lie with statistics. It’s hard to tell the truth without statistics.
14. To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
Credits: Collections from some unknown sources