A person climbed up a mountain and found a hermit meditating there.
Person asked: “What are you doing here alone in such a solitude place?”
Hermit replied: “I have lots of work !”
“And how can you have so much work?
I don’t see anything around you here…?”
“I have to train two Hawks and two Eagles , assure two Rabbits , discipline one Snake , motivate a Donkey and tame a Lion …..”
“And, where have they gone that I don’t see them?”
“I have them all inside here within me…!!
- The Hawks stare on everything, good or bad. I have to work on them to see only good things. They are my Eyes.
- The two Eagles with their claws hurt and destroy. I have to train them not to hurt others. They are my hands.
- Rabbits want to go where they want but do not want to face difficult situations. I have to teach them to be calm even if there is suffering or stumbling. They are my feet.
- The Donkey is always tired, stubborn and does not want to carry the load each time I walk. That is my body.
- The most difficult to tame is the Snake. Although it is locked in a strong cage with 32 bars, it is always ready to sting, bite and poison anyone nearby. I have to discipline it… That’s my tongue.
- I also have One Lion. Oh … how proud, vain, he thinks that he is the king. I have to tame him. And that’s my EGO.
So you see, my friend, I have lots of work….. “
for all who are at home during this lock down and no home/school/office work to do.. we may still actually have a lot to work upon…